get to know the dancer
1. What do you like to do outside of dance (hobbies, interests, etc.)?
Outside of dance, I enjoy exploring and hiking at Devil’s Den, eating at new places, and playing with my puppy, Korla!
2. What is your favorite role that you have performed? Have not performed?
Performed-Princess Florine in Sleeping Beauty, Not Performed-Black Swan
3. What are some of your indulgences?
Cupcakes, Netflix, and shopping at TJ Maxx
4. Do you have any pre-performance rituals?
Before shows, you will always catch me with a mint or gum in before I go on stage!
5. If you weren’t a dancer, what would you be?
I would be a physical therapist.
6. Do you remember the first ballet you ever saw? What was it and how did it affect you?
The first ballet I ever saw was The Nutcracker. Like most aspiring ballerinas, I wanted to be on stage and my love for the art form has only grown since then.
7. How do you spend your summer breaks?
My summers consist of dancing, teaching, and traveling.
8. If I could visit any country in the world it would be….
9. What does Northwest Arkansas mean to you? Why is it special?
The arts community here is a big reason I chose to live here. NWA truly is a gem in the corner of the state.
10. What are three things people might not know about you?
I was born in Japan.
I performed my first Nutcracker with NWABT 3 days after severely spraining my foot.
As much as I love dance, I’m not a huge fan of dance movies. Too cheesy!
Creating beautiful performances that will thrill audiences is every dancers dream. It takes them many years of training, long hours in rehearsals, and a lot of pointe shoes and performance wear.
NWA Ballet Theatre invites you to help keep our dancers on their toes by taking part in our Adopt-a-Dancer program.
All you have to do is choose a dancer (or type in “most in need”) and your donation will go directly to assisting their various performance needs.
Help our dancers realize their dreams -- join our Adopt-a-Dancer program today. .