get to know the dancer
1. What do you like to do outside of dance (hobbies, interests, etc.)?
Piano, photography, hiking, and baking (even though I am terrible at it!)
2. What is your favorite role that you have performed? Have not performed?
I loved being a Columbine Doll in Nutcracker a few years ago. I’ve always wanted to do the Lilac Fairy variation.
3. What are some of your indulgences?
Chocolate! We make Irish soda bread and that’s hard to say no to! I love relaxing at home with music playing, a cat in my lap, and a hot tea in my hand.
4. Do you have any pre-performance rituals?
Usually just hydrating and listening to music. I definitely stress a lot, too!
5. If you weren’t a dancer, what would you be?
Lost, to be honest. I was very shy growing up and dance was a way to communicate without having to say a word. I wouldn’t be myself without it.
6. Do you remember the first ballet you ever saw? What was it and how did it affect you?
The Nutcracker. I remember watching my piano teacher perform as Clara and I wanted to be just like her.
7. How do you spend your summer breaks?
I try to relax as much as possible. I usually spend most of my time with my family and friends. I spend a lot of time doing the most random things with my brothers. I love going hiking or to the mall with my best friend.
8. If I could visit any country in the world it would be….
9. What does Northwest Arkansas mean to you? Why is it special?
Not only have I lived here my whole life, but I’ve also only lived in one house. I love seeing how NWA is growing. It will always be my home and I’m proud to be in this community.
10. What are three things people might not know about you?
I have a talent for giving gifts.
I’m obsessed with quotes.
I want to change the world in some way.
Creating beautiful performances that will thrill audiences is every dancers dream. It takes them many years of training, long hours in rehearsals, and a lot of pointe shoes and performance wear.
NWA Ballet Theatre invites you to help keep our dancers on their toes by taking part in our Adopt-a-Dancer program.
All you have to do is choose a dancer (or type in “most in need”) and your donation will go directly to assisting their various performance needs.
Help our dancers realize their dreams -- join our Adopt-a-Dancer program today. .